Monday, June 16, 2008

Cook it your damn self


Part of the reason I decided to do this whole vegan thing was for the health benefits. Cutting out the dairy, cheese, and meat make me feel much healthier... I think. Now, those of you who know me are aware that my drinking habits shouldn't be described as "healthy" by any means. But I'll work on it. Baby steps.



Anyway, the real purpose of this post is to kick myself into cooking a bit more. With the exception of maybe a few meals, I've been heavily reliant on prepared meals from Whole Foods (The vegan lasagna rocks my world), and the snacks on 6.



It's not like I'm eating unhealthy snacks, but one cannot sustain themselves on almonds, dried fruit and soybeans forever. I really need to start cooking more!



I'm sure the pre-made vegan meals have fewer preservatives etc. in them (wishful thinking?) but there's something about homemade meals. The fresh ingredients and absence of hydrogenated oils makes them so much better.



So If I'm really serious about being a vegan then I have to make the time to cook like one, sigh.

No comments: