Tuesday, June 10, 2008

How it all vegan...


Vegan: 1944, from vegetable (n.) + -an; coined by Donald Watson to distinguish those who abstain from all animal products (eggs, cheese, etc.) from those who merely refuse to eat the animals.

Donald Watson lived to be 94 years old. He was a vegetarian for over 80 years and a vegan for more than 60!


Like Mr. Watson, I decided a venture to the other side of the grocery isle would do me good.

So, here I begin my adventures in veganism. The trials and tribulations might break me, but for now I'm learning to deal with tofu's evil takeover of deli meat and what whole foods calls vegan Cesar dressing (which is simply inedible).

I am looking forward to trying one of my co-worker's favorite recipes: macaroni and yeast flake cheese... oh boy.

The past few days have been interesting, but most of all enlightening. Who knew there was so much shit in food!?

More to come...

No comments: