Friday, June 20, 2008

Sister of Vegan


My sister is in town with her pint size companion, Alonso the Chihuahua. She's definitely not a vegan, quite the opposite. She's been known to taunt me for not eating meat, eggs, dairy....


This weekend will be a great test to see if I can manage to entertain her with good food and restaurants while maintaining my vegan status. I made dinner for both of us this evening, and it was a major success!


Whole wheat pita, veggie burger, sprouts, roasted red peppers, and hummus. Simple and delicious. I gave it two thumbs up; Joanna gave it a mouthful accompanied by "this is pretty fucking good, what's in it?"


Tomorrow we have the Bloomberg picnic so she will be in food heaven, and I'll do my best not to ask "is there egg in this" too many times.

No comments: