Wednesday, June 11, 2008

On Happy Hour


Happy hour is a blessing. It's what the working man does between the awkward hours of 5 to 8pm. Cooking, cleaning, exercising... all out of the question after 9 hours in the office and 95 degree weather.


Happy hour keeps us entertained until the realization hits two beers and a glass of wine later, that the last thing you ate were animal crackers and a diet coke from the kitchen.


It's 8:30, you're hungry, you could really go for a slice of pizza, burger... hell, even the cart food starts looking gourmet. But then you realize, "Oh ya, I'm still doing that vegan thing... shi*".


After one phone call for moral support and a trip to the pizzeria with Kourtney, I was ok. I managed to steer clear of the mozzarella sticks (which looked damn good) headed home for a surprisingly delicious avocado and sprout sandwich sans tofurkey, because it still grosses me out...

1 comment:

cbiscuit said...

I should have been more supportive and abstained from eating the mozzarella sticks right in your face! I'm sorry. I will be better from now on.