Thursday, June 12, 2008

mmmm beefy


Wayne Campbell: So, do you come to Milwaukee often?

Alice Cooper: Well, I'm a regular visitor here, but Milwaukee has certainly had its share of visitors. The French missionaries and explorers began visiting here in the late 16th century.

Pete: Hey, isn't "Milwaukee" an Indian name?

Alice Cooper: Yes, Pete, it is. In fact , it's pronounced "mill-e-wah-que" which is Algonquin for "the good land."

Wayne Campbell: I was not aware of that.



The word "jerky" itself comes from the Quechua term Charqui, which means "dried meat". The Inca would make jerky on a regular basis. For them drying meat meant it was preserved and did not need to be refrigerated.



Brian has recently discovered the bliss of the "Primal Strip" (which also sounds like the name of a topless bar).



Though the Seitan jerky has 15% of your recommended daily allowance of sodium, the Taiwanese treat has 10 grams of protein! Amazing. It's also really really good. Chitra, Brian, and I give three thumbs up.



P.S. I donated blood this morning. I figure, if I want to save animals lives I might as well help the humans out too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i think it's important to note....that i FOUND the primal strip.

FOUND!!

mixed in with the fritos and pretzels!!

YUM!!